- Oliver Twist Notes
- Oliver Twist Flowchart
- David Copperfield Flowchart
- Historical Background: David Copperfield
- Women in the Novel - A Scale of Female Characters
J K ROWLING
Oprah Interview (in Scotland)
We watched part of this in class. Interesting discussion about Rowling's life, ending the Harry Potter series, and the function of magic.
Launched in 2012, this website offers oodles of info about the Harry Potter novels, e.g., characters, places, objects. And find out what house you belong in!
Pottermore is a companion to the Harry Potter books. One of the main features is the exclusive new content from Rowling on the backgrounds of various characters and aspects of the wizarding world.
Helpful and informative biographical timeline.
Harry Potter Cast - Then and Now (from Entertainment Weekly, 2011 print issue)Assignment Information
Collaborative Essay and Presentation (Spring 2023)
- Collaboration Project Groups
- Collaboration Theory
- Collaboration Project: Short Essay + Presentation
- Great Expectations Questions
- (Not for Spring 2023) Assignment: Come up with a ride or attraction to Dickens World
(DC) or the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (HPSS or HPGF).
The links below will give you an idea of existing attractions. Try to come
up with a new ride or attraction based on a novel we read this semester.
You should be creative and imaginative, but try to keep your idea
"feasible," a ride or attraction that could be featured at one of these
theme parks. Connect a key theme or idea to your ride or attraction--its
- Post your description of your ride or attraction in the Discussion
Forum on Canvas under "Theme Park Rides and Attractions."
Using a reasonable paragraph (at least 6-8 sents) that gives enough
- Dickens World
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Universal Studios
- Post your description of your ride or attraction in the Discussion Forum on Canvas under "Theme Park Rides and Attractions." Using a reasonable paragraph (at least 6-8 sents) that gives enough details.
- Research Essay Directions
- Final Exam (No final exam for Spring 2023)
- Critical Theory: Feminism
- Hegel's Master-Slave dialectic
- Labor: See Labor-Power entry and Exchange-value/Use-value entry (below the window)
- PBS Series/Documentary: Victorian Slum House